Silverware Games, Inc.
Based in Delaware, USA
30 January, 2013
Abstract puzzler inspired by Piet Mondrian and Jezzball.
Draw walls, build combos, and clear 3D boxes in this minimalist puzzler. Keep a box on screen when another one clears to combo up. Balls only break through walls that are still growing so time your new walls carefully.History
"Composition J" started as Silverware Games' first project, "Jezz Cubed," back in 2006. Players said the mechanics were good but some design decisions were weak including the aesthetics. Now in 2013 I have a better design perspective and have fixed the major flaws in its design. Stephen Webster, who has also composed for a number of Silverware Games projects, provided the dynamically composed sound track's unique sound based on his latest album "Acronyms Save Ink." Jordan Fehr, of "Super Meatboy" and "Hotline Miami" fame, among others, provided the sound design.
- "Post-neoplasticism," based on Piet Mondrian's Neoplasticism, the art is composed of only axis aligned boxes colored red, yellow, blue and the non-colors black and white. "Fez" approaches this style but still includes some needless colors and unaligned boxes.
- Dynamic music composition where higher combo layers bring in extra instruments as in "Bit Trip Runner."
- "Juicy" design involving a tweener capable of animating even whole number values.
- "Flow" mechanic where balls move faster as you score more combos and the player can drop down to a lower combo any time.
- Quick relaxing way to fill a few minutes on the go with roughly 15-30 minutes of endless mode arcade style game play.
Logo & Icon
- "Michael Silverman's Composition J is a love letter to both Piet Mondrian's work and classic Windows Entertainment Pack PC game JezzBall."
- Mike Fahey, Kotaku
Original Soundtrack Inspired by Stephen Webster's "Acronyms Save Ink"
Available at: soundcloud.com.
About Silverware Games, Inc.
At Silverware Games, we provide unconventional interactive fun through unusually nerdy experiences. At Silverware Games, we provide unconventional interactive fun through unusually nerdy experiences. Currently we are working on 'MatchyGotchy,' a digital pet like fun experience, and 'Matchy Star,' a puzzle match 3 twist, both for the Steam platform. These set of Matchy games, including 'Matchy's Kooky Cookies' on Itchio, are letting us explore the Matchyverse. We are the developers behind 'Don't Shoot Yourself!' an innovative minimalistic puzzle shmup, 'Speedway Heroes,' a procedural multiplayer online kart racer, 'Composition J,' an abstract puzzler inspired by Piet Mondrian and "Jezzball," and 'Strategery 2012,' a US presidential election "Avanced War" style game. Since late 2000's we have had the opportunity to release games for mobile devices, desktop games for PC and Mac, browser games, and hopefully seek to explore console development as well. We love games, we love entertainment.
More information on Silverware Games, Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Composition J Credits
Sound Design, Freelancer